Recording Your Music Is Just 10% Of the Work – George Britton
With hits like Sugarcane, Mariah and Available, one would think the lyrics of the song and catchy hooks is what propelled the songs to be hits but manager of Camidoh has pointed out that marketing of such songs contributed to its popularity.
Contributing to a discussion on the challenges of upcoming artistes, George Mensah Britton stressed on the need for artistes and their managers to invest in marketing as much as they do in recording their songs.
“Attending interviews and recording your music is just 10 percent of the actual work and marketing makes the rest of the 90 percent”
While on the Mx Live show on MX24 George Britton weighed in the many talents striving to make headway in the industry. He made it clear that musicians need to have a definite goal when pursuing a career in the music industry.
“If you know you want to be a superstar and the music career is what you really want to do I’m not sure working with you is going to be difficult”
View this post on Instagram
According to the artiste manager, becoming a superstar starts when the artiste identifies what goals they would like to achieved.
Mxlive airs every weekday at 3pm on Mx24 with Jason EL.